Pages

ATP - NOT AN EASY TASK

Roger has reached the next round in New York, dropping his first set of the tournament against America’s John Isner.
Roger shred the local's Grand Slam dream 6-7 (4-7), 6-2, 6-4, 6-2.

Our star took a set to work out the rocket-like serve of the super-sized former university student, who was playing in only his second ATP-level event.

"He's one of the best servers, it's hard to play guys like him," said Roger, who had zero unforced errors in the second and third sets.

"I picked up his serve form the second set. But he's been playing fantastic the last few weeks"

Roger lost the opening set in a tiebreaker, then got down to business in dismantling the raw, unpolished game of Isner, who stands nearly 2.05 meters. The number one used his precision to glide past his third successive opponent ranked outside the top 100 this week. He committed just two unforced errors in more than two hours on court.

Roger won his 23rd match at the Open, where he was last beaten in 2003. Our top seed dominated after the first set, with errors piling up as fast as aces for the youngster. He will next face Feliciano Lopez from Spain.



** There you go..another update about Roger Federer. By the way, US Open tennis grand slam event in New York started last August 27. I don't have that enough time to update much about his games because, as usual, I'm too busy. But just this afternoon, as I was checking my eleap account at the UST library computer lab for my NSTP program, I was surprised to see Roger Federer played against this 6'9 tennis player from Georgia, John Isner. This match happened on a Sunday, Monday morning here in the Philippines.
Look at the pics..he's so tall! Medyo lumiit tuloy yung look ni Roger sa pictures..hehe (.^__^.) I got fond of looking at the pics that's why I decided to post it here on my blog.

Here's other pictures of Roger Federer and the match.

0 comments: