Pages

Pre-com Society Turn-over ceremony

Last May 4, 2007, the Pre-com Society held its turn-over ceremony dubbed as "Paalis Na Kayo...Papunta Na Kami" at the Audio Visual Room (AVR), 5th floor of the St. Raymunds Building - College of Commerce. This event was participated by the outgoing and incoming Pre-com officers, Mr. Ronald Manalo (one of Pre-com Society's advisers) and Mr. Jaime Nuevo (head of the Pre-com department).
So, what's a turn-over ceremony ba? The 1st time I heard about this was during our JS Prom wherein we Seniors have to turn-over or bequeath the duties and responsibilities we had for our alma mater to the incoming Seniors. In the same manner, this turn-over ceremony we had for PCS (Pre-com Society) represents the passing-on of responsibilities by the outgoing officers to us, newly deserving ones, who will lead the whole Pre-com department for this coming academic year 2007-2008.

Syempre we, Junior Board officers prepared some activities to make this event a lively, funny and, most of all, a memorable one. First we had this "Guess Who" game where each of us tried to portray each incumbent officers their different personalitites in a comical perspective. Super funny talaga yung skit na ginawa namin for them. We made it sure na hindi foul yung way ng pagpoportray namin sa kanila so that hindi sila maooffend. Kami nina Medz and Dane, since were TRIO ...ginaya namin sina Ate Lao, Grace and Rexa - - the Banana Gurlz! Me as Grace, Dane as Rexa and Medz as Lao. It's really hard to portray them lalao na yung dance step and song na kinompose nila tungkol sa mga saging... (that's why they're called the Banana Gurlz..!) I was really shy that time kasi I have to sing a line or two from any song because the one I have to portray won as a runner-up in the Commerce Idol singing contest of our college. Everything turned out the way we planned things earlier that morning and everyone was really happy.

Special award were also given to them which further described their funny identities. Examples of these awards are the "Load Mo Ako Award", "Green Mind Award", "Banana Umf Award" and a lot more.

Afterwards each officer were placed in the hot seat wherein hot seat question were grilled to them by one of the hosts. Their answers to these questions revealed their true feelings towards their co-Precom officers and their own experiences for the past year. Yung host tuloy namin naging "Boy Abunda wannabe!".. hehe.. =)
April birthday celebrants Charen Natal, Grace Lucero and Jas Casper Ong were recognized through special messages and audio visual presentations prepared by their closed friends and by the Pre-com officers as well.
After that, here's the climatic part for this event. Outgoing Pre-com President announced to everyone the set of newly appointed PCS officers with their respective positions. This is what we've all been waiting for. Honestly, this was the part where I recalled the times when I was still a Junior Officer (reminiscing moment?!)...the commitment I've given to this organization had finally paid off. Finally I, myself, will be an executive officer. What an achievement!
Let me present to you the Pre-com Society officers for this academic year 2007-2008
**LOUD APPLAUSE PLEASE!** (.^__^.)
President: Nikko Gomez
Vice President Internal: Alisxandre Sy
Vice President External: Richmond Yu
Executive Secretary: Marielle Flores (that's me!)
Treasurer: Alex Arnan
Auditor: Ma. Medalene Mapili
Public Relations Officer (PRO): Mark Garcia
Academic Affairs Head: Dane Matela
Marketing Head: Debbie Piodo
Socio-Cultural Jayson Ong Teleng
Human Resource Officer: Lionel Ng
Logistics and Operations: Eusebius Cuevas III
As for me, I was really happy to get the position as an Executive Secretary since my position last year was the Assistant Secretary. I'm on the internal part wherein I have to communicate with the Dean and other important figures of our college and of the university as well. They gave me this position because I was trained about this work even though the real secretary resigned during the earlier part of the first semester. I almost became her replacement though I wasnt given the chance because I was still a freshman then.
Anyways, we've got loads of activities prepared for this "Pre-com Year" as what they usually say.
Be ready for Pre-com X - The New Generation!
Congratulations to all of us! (.^__^.)

...For more pictures and informations pls visit this site which I, personally, created. I serves as the webmaster of this site...hehe..though it's not that much! It's still undergoing some renovations. Pls bear with me! =D

PS: Thanks Keiya for the pics! (.^__^.)

0 comments: