Pages

It's a little bit dark this afternoon. I don't know if it will going to rain or not. I know there's 3 typhoons here in the Philippines but it's not yet sure if Manila will be affected. So, there's still classes, for sure. A while ago there's an earthquake that shook Manila..i think the epicenter is in Palawan but some said that it's a bit strong. As far as I could remember, we were at the Main building to get our elevator passes. Yup, I have an elevator pass AGAIN! yahoo! After 3 weeks of going up and down the stairs, finally, I won't get tired na. PLease forgive me for being lazy..one semester na lang naman eh and then it's over na. (.^__^.)
Back to the earthquake thingy, I honestly didn't feel it. I'm so weird talaga. I really want to feel it naman kasi I think 3 years old pa ako nung last time na nafeel ko yung intensity ng earthquake and I'm at our province pa way back. Pero I don't want naman yung mga malalakas na magnitude..that's so much na. Siguro nga magnitude 5..okei na! hehe..just joking!

By the way, we have no classes daw on Friday because of the Bonifacio Day celebration...that's really good! That means I have no PE class. Pero, it's a bit sad na rin in one way because my PE class is Softball and it's a bit fun playing that sport. Even though babad ka sa initan, it's okei kasi marami talagang skills na matututunan sa game na toh. It's like baseball! It's fun talaga. Plus, I love our uniform. Our shirt color is blue green..really cute. Bagay pa sa akin..hehe!

I just want to share our Speech lesson last time. We're on the IPA chart lecture na. IPA stands for International Phonetic Association and it's about saying the right pronunciation of a certain word. It's a really fun topic because there's a lot of word that is weird to pronounce. My tongue and mouth just do the work..haha! And then our professor, Ms. Puno gave us an exercise to check if we can already give the phonetic counterpart of the words she will dictate but first is that we must know the correct spelling of those. Well, I think ang mas naging purpose ng activity na ito is to check our spelling ability. I mean, all those words she dictated were a bit weird..because she pronounced it in a weird yet correct way. Here's some examples:
Abattoir
-this word I usually pronounce as "abatoir" but it's correctly pronounce as "abatwa". How on earth can I spell that? I got this wrong.. =(
Bourgeoisie
-this word I usually pronounce as "burgois" but it's correctly pronounce as "borshwuzey". Gosh... is this a french word? I want to learn their language..right now! (.^__^.)
Buffet
- well, i got this correctly..no worries!
Colonel
- I got this too... I remember I had this one incorrectly way back when I was in my highschool years. I spelled it as Kernel... huh? Corn Kernel...?? I learned from my mistakes, you know!
Encore
- i got this one too! Someone from my classmates spelled it as Anchor.. I guess you have an idea now how it is pronounced..=)
Loquacious
- i got this one wrong just because of a letter!!... I put letter i between a and c. That's really sayang..that's one point na sana.
Rendezvous
- i got this one correct. I remember, Craig David had one song with a title like this.
Aisle
- I'm correct here. I remember when I was still young, I usually ask my Mom if we can go to mass and sit near the Aisle... =) Well, now no more. I want at the sides na eh!
Depot
- I got this correct. I remember, there's a clothing store at Edsa Shaw way back named as "Designer's Depot". I don't know if you encounter this store ever.
Le Jean de Marithe Francois Girbaud
- how can I be wrong with this??
Esprit de Corp
- I'm correct in here again. I heard this term last semester during one of our Management classes.
Faux Pas
- I'm correct here..I don't know how did I get this one. I think I read it somewhere. Know what how it is pronounced? Like this: "faw pa"..haha!
Cupboard
- it seems simple..just a word cupboard. But lots of my classmates were wrong here. It's pronounced kasi as "kabord".
Indict
- I'm wrong here...huhu! I wrote indite. I spelled it nalang like the way our professor pronounced it. One of my classmates even thought the word was "Inday"...haha!
Yacht
-I'm correct here. Again, it looks simple to spell but it is pronounced as "yatch".

Oooh..not bad. 11 out of 15. I won't say what's the score of the majority. I'll keep it as 2h-am secret nalang. Mam Puno told us that this type of exam is given for grade 6 students. Hwwwhaat?? That's so surprising...yet really disappointing. Grade 6 compared to 2nd year college students? I better read a dictionary. (.^__^.)

0 comments: