Pages

OFF COURT - NUMBER ONE!

Roger had his day off today – but it turned out to be a rather busy one nevertheless, as he was handed the year's top tennis player trophy for the fourth consecutive time at a dazzling ceremony on Tuesday.

Our star received the ATP Race award in front of thousands of fans at Shanghai's Qi Zhong Tennis Stadium, the venue of the ongoing Masters Cup championships. "This is already the fourth consecutive year I've received this trophy, and that is what I expected to defend at the beginning of this year," Roger told the crowd. "It's an amazing run I'm on. Obviously I hope I can maintain it next season. I'll try my best."

Roger has ranked No. 1 every week since first taking over on Feb. 2, 2004, and has ranked No. 1 for 198 weeks as of Nov. 12 and broke record of Connors (160) for most consecutive weeks at No. 1 this season. Congratulations, Roger!

http://www.rogerfederer.com


0 comments: