Pages

Yesterday was the enrollment day for the incoming freshmen for our college and SA's were required to be present at 7:00am sharp. Super excited na talaga ako to be back kasi nung April 12 pa yung last work day namin. I kinda miss it that's why (because of too much excitement) I arrived school 10 minutes before our call time..heheh! That's early!

By 7:30am we went to the Seminary Gym, the venue for the enrollment just like last year when it was my time. Sabi nila dapat daw mas maaga kami doon sa mga enrollees pero pagdating namin may long line na agad ng mga students...late na naman!
Anyways, Kuya Patrick assigned me and Melanie in the office part (inside the Seminary Gym) with Sir Nuevo while others were outside. Later on we were joined by Grace. Pagdating namin sa loob we don't know what to do..were just seated on one of those available benches inside waiting for some instructions. Afterwards, sinabi narin sa wakas ni Sir yung dapat namin gawin.
Strict rule: entertain the concerns and problems of Pre-Com students ONLY!
And have a tally sheet of those who were successfully enrolled now for Pre-Com.

Okei...that's kinda hard. First meron kaming kasabay sa enrollment na ibang colleges. Science, Rehabilitation Science, Accountancy and then Commerce. That's really hard! Imagine...thousands of students...
So we thought of a strategy:
"excuse me..pwede patinign ng registration form..Salamat!"
"excuse me...may I see you registration form please?...Thank You!"
English and Tagalog yan just in case my foreign student. So again..paulit-ulit lang yung script namin..broken record again. Plus medyo nagsore yung throat namin and sumakit yung feet and legs namin because me and Melanie were like standing for almost 6 hours or more. We have our snacks but still we must stand and ask every student who were finished and tally on our tally sheet the total of incoming Pre-Com student. Medyo nahilo na nga ako eh kasi ang daming students tapos yung ibang parents naman nagtatanong pa kung saang next building yung sunod. So super explain naman kami kung saan yung Tan Yan Kee building for I.D picture and uniforms.
Of course, hindi mo rin naman maiiwasan na there's some parents na pumasok sa loob even though it's not allwed. One reason is that they used their credit cards for payments of tuition fees..their signatures were needed. Some were just worried for their son/daughter..baka daw magkamali sila sa pagbabayad ng money or sa pagkuha ng PE courses. Just like my last year experience... (.^__^.)

And then pag may mga masusungit na parents na kasama yung mga anak nila, natatakot kami ni Melanie na tingnan yung registration forms nila. Meron nga akong experience na dinaanan lang ako while I was asking for the form. Isn't that rude. I quite understand them na they're tired from accompanying their child for enrollment but of course they still have to understand us and the rules of the university. I'm not angry or anything. It's just that their actions were wrong. Super kunot na yung noo nila and then medyo nagtataas na rin ng boses. Buti nalang yung Mommy ko hindi ganon that's why I'm not used to that kind of attitutude. Pero hindi naman lahat ganon yung nakausap kong parents kahapon, some of them lang naman..(.^__^.)

Isa pang experience ko is when it comes for the foreign students. Some of them kasi they're not informing me that they were foreign..that they can't understand Tagalog. Eh ako pa naman when I'm super stressed na, I tend to explain things in Tagalog nalang para mas madali.
One Scenario: There was this guy na after kong makita yung form niya and checked his course, he asked me na what's next. Since it wasn't that obvious na he's a foreigner I explained to him everything in pure Tagalog. I noticed na medyo at lost siya sa mga sinabi ko so I gave him other direction - -other short cut! And then all of a sudden he will said to me in a soft voice na "I'm foreigner"
Super natawa talaga ako sa nangyari..and then natawa rin siya..hehe! Of course I explained everything in English - - and he got the message clearly.

Habang patapos na yung day and our total reached to a sum of 600+ students..medyo fulfilled na ako sa mga nagawa ko..proud that this day was finally over with no problems at all. I just realized na I was a bit wrong because of this student. This was the story:
There was this guy again who was having a problem since the time he entered the gym. He caught my attention because I remebered him during their confirmation of slots. He confirmed his slot in my classroom where I was assigned. As I was busy on my job I saw him frequently looking at the exit door, almost at my direction. I thought that maybe his looking for his parents, he might pay using a credit card. Melanie even teased me to go to him and assist him so that his current problem will be solved. (Si Melanie talaga oh!..hehe..nde lang kasi dumating si Nino eh..(.^__^.) ). Eventually, I didn't come over - that's really embarassing and besides security guards were there to assist the students on the payment counters. That's their job. After a couple of minutes, fewer and fewer students were left inside and as for me (and for others, of course!) I'm happy that this day will finally be off. Later on I saw that this guy that I was talking about was coming over to the exit door. I was prepairing myself to look at his student registration form even if I know that he's a Pre-com enrollee. When I asked for his form he told me that he's not yet over. He lacks something and that is the signature of his parents on the Drug Policy document of UST. Since that's his situation I told him to leave his form to me because the guards won't let him go out with his registration form. 15 minutes had passed - no sign of him. I was getting nervous because he's not coming back. What was he thinking? He can't enroll without this form. He haven't even payed yet. And oh by the way, his name is Adrian. I saw it on his form.
Anyways, my conscience kept on bothering me.
30 minutes had passed - still no sign. I got even more tensed when Sir Nuevo said that we must start packing-up. Since I have no choice, I asked Sir Nuevo about my problem and luckily he took hold of that form. He's just going to contact this student and let him enroll on the time he comes back.
I hope everything will be fine before June 13...

We will come back sometime on May. I still don't know the schedule. They will just inform me through text message.
okei! bye-bye! (.^__^.)
Every work day is a new experience...

0 comments: