Pages

Australian Open '07

Australian Open '07 is officialy over and we have our Champions..Roger Federer and Serena Williams..wipeee! For those who haven't heard about Australian Open - - it is a Tennis Tournament held at Melbourne Australia once a year. So, how did I knew about this.. well, I was surfing the television last week when I accidentaly passed by Channel 32 - (Star Sports) and saw Maria Sharapova serving for a set point for the 4th set of Game 1. For all you know, I'm a tennis fan so I settled down and watched the game. I love Martina Hinggis before but now, Maria Sharapova is the latest top seeded tennis player for the women's division..and I tell you guys..she's really great!... she plays well! But unfortunately, she lost against Serena Williams for their Finals with a 6-1, 6-2 game result. Here's a pic of Maria Sharapova holding her 1st runner-up award.

If there's a women's divisions..there's for the men's division too. I'm much more interested in watching this division because they play with a lot of intensity and the game's much longer because it's a race to 3 game-win compared to race to 2 for women's. Honestly, while I was watching..I can't help but to shout and scream whenever the ball was called outside or the players receive and bring back the ball to their opponent in an unforced error way. It's like I'm watching basketball..I can't leave my seat unless it's time for a commercial break. haAAyyy!
I have my favorite too...hehe... at first I want Andy Roddick but as the tournament goes on.. I was shocked on the way Roger Federer handled his games and how he strived to win all of his games straight to the finals! So obvioulsy, I like Roger Federer na..and take note..he has the crown for this tournament and he defended it. Really wow!
For the record..he had 10 grand slam titles...4 consecutive Wimbledons, 3 U.S Opens and 3 Australian Opens..and he's planning to dominate for at least 5 years pa.. Here's a pic of Roger Federer..he's from Switzerland..and he looks good too.. (.__"__.)



See... I love tennis!.. (.__"__.)
...by the way there's another tournament..I just dont know when will it start. Better tune in to Star Sports everytime so that I'll be updated..hmmmm...or...better check Yahoo. yep!..much easier! ^__^

0 comments: