Pages

...UAAP Season '69 Champions - UST!

Never say die attitude...that's the character of a true Champion!
**Go USTe...**

After 10 years of eager waiting - - The UST tigresses team had finally got the title for the season '69 UAAP Championship for Women's Volleyball division!
Isn't that good news for this new year? UST had won another title... seems like you can't really beat the heart of the Champions.
But before anything else..I will share first what happened throughout the seaon for the benefit of those who were, unfortunately, haven't seen the entire volleyball games season due to some very important reasons.. out of the country perhaps?! (hehehe..wag ka ng mainip Joan..eto na yung post..) (.__"__.)

Since I'm a Basketball afficionado, I didnt care that much about other game events covered by UAAP like volleyball, swimming, softball, table tennis..etc. After I lose the hope of seeing UST Popkings in the final 4 for PBL I stopped watching local and collegiate game competitions and focused myself on watching international Tennis games especially when it was played by Roger Federer and Maria Sharapova.


But everything changed on that very lucky 10th day of January 2007 when I accidentally switched the channel of our television to Studio 23 just because I was bored of the long commercial endorsements shown on Star Sports TV.
and I saw this: THE UAAP SEASON '69 VOLLEYBALL GAMES STUDIO 23
I told myself... "Ui, meron palang ganito..wait lang..I'll see first about this and later on switch back to Star Sports.."
and the rest is history...!

..hehe joke lang. Of course, you know na what happened. I was stucked on Studio 23 for 3 hours because of watching the game. I was amazed on how ladies of my same age were able to strike the ball that hard to their opponents without even complaining how that act hurts on their arms. Seems like they're enjoying it pa.
How can they do that?..on my case when I'm playing volleyball, that hit will produce a swollen grayish spot on my arms that will stay on it for about 2 to 3 days.
Obviously, the explanation about that is soo simple..they Love playing volleyball that's why they can't feel the hurt it causes. Love can really do miracles...(^__^)

Anyways, back to my story. As far as I could remember, Adamson and National University players were having their game that day and they were great! (but of course UST is far better than them!) After a set ... the commentators showed the statistics of each team on how far they've reached since the start of the competition. I was shocked and surprised to see UST on rank 1. 8 wins and 0 loss for the 1st round of competition. Next to them was FEU with 7 wins and 1 loss followed by University of the East and Adamson University.

Since that day..I started to watch UAAP again every Wednesday and Sunday and I saw how the UST team played their games well. No wonder, why they were ranked as team no. 1 druing the 1st round. Well, each team has their own weakness din naman kaya during the 2nd round of competition, FEU defeated UST this time and also during the play-offs round where they ranked no. 1, second was UST.


That does'nt matter that much..what important is that our team was on the final 4 and had the twice to beat advantage.
Actually, the tigresses almost lost the chance to be on the Finals because of Adamson's well planned game. During their first encounter during the semi-finals, the tigresses lost against the lady falcons. Good thing they bounced back during the rubber match and defeated the other team. And now FEU and UST were on the Finals.
Unfortunately, I haven't seen the first of the best-of-three championship game because it happened during my birthday. Of course mas important naman sa akin yung birthday ko kaya I did'nt watch nalang. And besides, I'm confident that UST will win...
and my intuition never failed me.. (^__^)


The other team had their very disappointing loss that made their spirits really down. The sad thing is, they're carried their devastating loss upto the 2nd finals game together with their long and sad faces. How can you expect to win if your co-players were like that - - no energy at all.While on the other side, bubbly and confident players were listening to their coaches..expecting to have their 26th Volleyball Championship.

Here are some pictures during the 2nd game held at Blue Eagle Gym:

UST attacks!

(from left to right) Mary Jean Balse, Venus Bernal and another Balse (sorry..I don't know her first name eh..)


UST defense

words of encouragement

UST crowd with the Go USTe cheer!

And..as expected! UST won! Since race to 2 wins ang policy ng UAAP, we're the Champions for Season'69 Women's Volleyball games after 10 years! It's the hunger of winning daw talaga that motivates each player to win the championship. It's the year of the tigers! Kahit sa Men's Baskteball, they waited for a decade and this season is the perfect season to show that UST can be still be champions! We really relived year 96 at season '69 for both Baskteball and Volleyball.
Well, eto lang talaga yun eh.. we're the lucky charms - - since freshmen kami sa UST and we became students this schoolyear..we brought luck to our team..hehe! (.__"__.)




CONGRATULATIONS to UST Tigresses team for winning the Season '69 UAAP Women's Volleyball games. You've shown great pride in each and every game and you deserve to win the title. Go Tigers.. Go USTe..go! go! go!!




...and now, we're on our way to the Over-all Championship title. It really feels great to be a Thomasian! (.__"__.) - The home of the Champions!

0 comments: