Pages

ATP - EPIC FIVE-SET WIN

Roger raised the tension to the max today as his opponent, 49th seed Tipsarevic, put on an incredible four-and-a-half hour display. "What a great battle," Roger said after the match. "This is where you get grey hair early in life. Pity for him, but what a great victory for me." Our star has made it to round four with Saturday's 6-7, 7-6, 5-7, 6-1, 10-8 victory over Serb Janko Tipsarevic.

The first two sets were decided by tie-break, Tipsaravic won the first, inflicting Roger's first opening set loss since 2006, but Federer took the second tie-break with some ease. Still, Roger, who has been suffering with gastric illness, was unable to find his rhythm and made a series of unforced errors to allow the intense Dostoevsky-reading Tipsarevic to pull away, and eventually win, the third set 5-7. "He was just going for his shots and kept making them," Rorger commented, "in the end, I just tried to block out all the chances I missed." Ironically, the strain told most on Tipsarevic who, still feeling the effects of a marathon first round game against Joseph Sirianni, suddenly looked leg-weary.

Roger took the fourth set 6-1 with comanding ease to set up a thrilling finale.

Photobucket

**Oh my Gosh...thrilling finale? Or almost a nightmare finale. I'm just soo ecstatic about how Roger Federer won this game. He is so close to losing this match and lose my hope of seeing him again on the finals. If you could just see me..if you could just imagine how I'm reacting while I was watching this game. I'm soo glued on my seat..I can't leave it even though I have to go to the bathroom. My heart's seems like explodingPhotobucket because of too much nervousness. I'm shouting and cheering as if there's no tomorrow..imagining myself like one of those fans watching at the Rod Laver Arena at Melbourne. I also encouraged my Mom to watch and cheer for Federer. So we're both fanatics..hehe!

Oh my god!!! I don't want to see games like this again..except if it's the finals already. Oh please, ROGER FEDERER! Refrain from playing a match like this soon...have a break. Just play the usual and easy 3 set match game. I tell you, I'm on the verge of crying when he's already on the near point of losing. Photobucket Of course, I don't want him to lose this early at the Aussie Open. I still want my fave player to defend his title well.

PhotobucketLuckily, Roger Federer is still the best player in the world and he managed to won this truly epic match. Have you seen the video above? Have you seen Roger's reaction..he's such a happy guy..isn't it? Really, lucky one! I've read on his website on the forum part that someone saw Roger crying at the locker room.. Hmmm..tears of joy, perhaps!

I just hope that after this breathtaking and traumatic game, he'll manage to win some games easily. I still believe that he's the champion again for this open... yahooo! Amen to that!

Photobucket

0 comments: