Pages

Book Review: I Can’t Believe She Did That





Book Review: I Can’t Believe She Did That
Rating: 2.5 / 5

Almost three-fourths and I’ll finish reading this book, but suddenly I realized that I can’t take it anymore to read it at its end. I dunno, I don’t like the entire concept of this.

Maybe because it’s mainly about women at workplace who:
  • Pull other women down just to have that dream promotion.
  • Pretend to look clean, innocent and friendly, but in reality they are the ones who do dirty tactics to other women whom they are jealous of.
  • Women who are racists and are stereotypes.
  • Women who are in general, against other women in the workplace.

When I first saw this book, I thought it was a novel about how to remedy this women-women problem in the workplace, but hell no. I was totally wrong. This book emphasized the current practice of why women do such things, such evil things. It’s more of a “mentor-book” like the ones I had when I was in college. Books that give you numbers, and actual studies from researchers who are expert on this field. Ugh.

I want to read novels, okay?

I’m not saying that “women-pulling-other-women-down-in-the-workplace-syndrome” is a myth. It’s real and is happening in thousands of corporate industries in our world today. It’s just that I can’t take reading about it. It hurts that women say bad things to other women just to be on top. Betrayal, jealousy and dishonesty is a no-no for a woman like me..like us. I just can’t take it.

This is not the right way to be a tough professional. If you choose to be like this one, you’ll have success temporarily. It’s soo not right. Kawawa naman kayo!

Maybe I’ll be going back to read this book again if ever I encounter such on my entire career. Good thing I haven’t been to such kinds of situation similar to those pitiful women on the book.

It’s up to you if you wanna read this. I won’t recommend this, really! Sorry Nan Mooney.

Going now to my next reads. Hope it’s a good one now! 

0 comments: