Pages

ATP - 40TH VICTORY IN WIMBLEDON

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Roger marched into the third round of Wimbledon today after handling Robin Soderling in straight sets
6-3, 6-4, 7-6 (3).


"I'm happy with how I played," Roger said.
"It was difficult to see the ball with the low afternoon sun.
I'm moving well and even though I was broken for the first time on grass in 2008, I had an excellent performance.
I hope to build on it."


Our champ pounded out 15 aces against the overmatched Söderling and committed no single double-fault, showing a complete control over his serve and tallying just 16 unforced errors.
The same couldn’t be said for Söderling whose 30 unforced errors crippled any opportunity he may have had coming in.
Roger dropped his first serve of the season on grass though, but saved the final set in great manner.



Roger’s next match on Friday will be either against France’s Marc Gicquel (ATP 53) or Serbia’s Ilja Bozoljac (ATP 197).

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: