Pages

ATP - A TERRIFIC START

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Roger celebrated his 60th victory in series on grass today!
He launched his bid for a record sixth successive Wimbledon title in blistering style with a
6-3, 6-2, 6-2 against Slovakia's Dominik Hrbaty today.


"I could't ask for a better start," said Roger, 39-4 at Wimbledon.
"I was consistent all the way and didn't face a break point.
I have not lost my serve so far this summer on grass (after winning the Halle title).
It's tough opening as the first match but it could not have gone better for me."
He won 12 out of the first 13 points, hit a total of ten aces and scored 31 service points, playing convincingly at the net and with his slice.

Our star raced through the first two sets in just 58 minutes and then reeled off five straight games to lead 5-1 in the third.
The 30-year-old Hrbaty, making his 12th consecutive appearance here, held on to trail 2-5 and then won warm applause from the crowd when he spent the changeover chatting amicably to his opponent on the seat next to the champion.
The two are close friends having played doubles together and practised regularly.
"Dominik came over and said do I mind if he sat next to me.
He said it might be his last Wimbledon.
I said it was OK," explained Roger.


Next up is Robin Söderling (SWE), against whom Roger has won all six encounters so far - once Söderling was only two points from victory, though (in Halle).


PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: