Pages

ATP - INTO LAST EIGHT

Roger beat unseeded Julien Benneteau in a tough fourth-round encounter to reach the quarter-finals of the French Open.
The world No 1 won his rain-hit match 6-4, 7-5, 7-5,
and will now play Fernando Gonzalez for a place in the last four.

"I couldn't serve it out the way I wanted to in the first and second sets, but I felt okay out there," our star said.
"But it was tough conditions with the rain delay. I didn't think I had my best serving day today unfortunately. But the last three (games) have been good so I hope the next one is going to be okay again as well."

Benneteau had played more sets than any other player to get the last 16 (14) and he was not expected to pose any problems for the world No. 1 who won their only previous meeting in straight sets in Cincinnati last year.
But in each of the first two sets he broke Roger's serve when trailing 3-5 only to lose both of them by 6-4 and 7-5.
At that stage heavy rain brought an abrupt end to proceedings and it took ninety minutes before they got back onto a packed Philippe Chatrier Centre Court.
With warm sunshine replacing the gloomy skies that marked the earlier action, Roger again went a break up to lead 3-1, but again Benneteau battled back to level at 3-3.
Our champion was finding it hard to put away his world-ranked 55th opponent, letting slip a match point at 5-4 up but two games later he finished it off with a smash at the net.
COMMENTS:
There was still a rain delay so Roger's match was suspended.
After the game's suspension, Maria Sharapova vs Dinara Safina was televised for the whole time until it ended.
Quite unfair, isn't it?
Oh well.. Sharapova lost so it's worth to watch it. By the way, she's the world's new no. 1 for womens division. Not a BIG SHOCKER, actually.
Anyway, I'm happy that Roger won this game.
It's just a bit weird because he can win this game 6-3, 6-3, 6-3.
But he got it 6-4, 7-5, 7-5.
There's a lot of missed opportunity. I've seen the 1st and 2nd set and he let out all those points be GONE! I don't know if he doesnt want to embarass Julien Bennetau because he's a French and this tournament happens to be a French Open.
Or is it because of the bad weather conditions?
Or maybe, he's just not in his best today.
Well, at least he hasn't dropped a set... and this match and pretty awesome!
I think Bennetau was just a bit trying hard..hahaha!
Best of luck for the Quarterfinals... it'll be on Wednesday against Gonzales.
Can't wait!
PS: By the way, I love this pic of Roger's. Seems like he's a ballet dancer. (hey, I'm a ballet dancer too way back when I was a kid so I know some steps..haha!)
Graceful!

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: