Pages

ATP - THROUGH TO SEMIS IN FOUR

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Roger rallied to defeat Fernando Gonzalez (CHI/ATP 25)
2-6, 6-2, 6-3, 6-4
and reach the semi final at his 16th consecutive Grand Slam event.

"
There was a lot of pressure, he was hitting the corners and I didn't know exactly how I needed to play him," said Roger.
"It's never easy against him, but I played a good match."
Roger had played a very shaky opening set, missing several easy shots while Gonzalez, using his powerful forehand but also making some surprising backhands down the line, took the lead.
Our star, however, righted the ship in the second stanza and ultimately cruised to victory, with the help of 11 aces and five breaks.

Roger will play on Friday against the winner from Spanish fifth seed David Ferrer and flamboyant Gaƫl Monfils, final Frenchman in the home field.

Comments:
I've seen the 2nd to the 4th set and it's a relief!
Roger really did well... you won't believe that he dropped that 1st set.
When I first saw the results that its 2-6 for the 1st set..my heart dropped!
I can't believe it.. like, "WHAT'S HAPPENING?"
As far as I can remember, Roger lost to Fernando Gonzales during their last encounter at the Masters in China last year.
So, I feared that maybe, history will repeat itself.
Thank god Federer bounced back and won the match with flying colors.
Like its a "PAY BACK TIME GAME" hahaha!
Gonzales' forehand attack is really strong, maybe that made the damage on the 1st set.
Lots of disappointment from him...this is the evidence:

Yup! A broken BABOLAT raquet from Gonzales
Which later on is disposed on the trash bin.
Shoot!
Sayang... :p
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: