Pages

ATP - 55TH TITLE!

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Roger cruised to his fifth Halle Open title in Germany on Sunday,
beating Philipp Kohlschreiber
6-3, 6-4.
The victory sees the world number one extend his unbeaten run on grass to 59 matches just eight days before he begins the defence of his Wimbledon crown.

"I played great tennis all week. I didn't lose my serve once, which I don't think I've ever managed before in a tournament, so it's very special for me, and I'm really pleased about it," our star said.

"It's obviously a good omen to win here in Wimbledon, sorry, Halle -- the Wimbledon of Germany," he said, laughing. PhotobucketPhotobucket


Roger won Halle for the first time in 2003 — before going on to win his first Wimbledon title
— and now has won 24 straight at the tournament, a streak dating back to that year.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

ATP - SECOND TITLE WITHOUT DROPPING SERVE
Roger not only celebrated his fifth victory in Halle and his 55th career ATP title yesterday, but also his second tournament victory without dropping serve!
He held his serve 49 games in t
otal.
The first time had been in Doha in 2005 Doha with 43 games.
This was Roger’s comment after the match:

“I guess once you take the decision to commit and come somewhere, you hope for a good week. But there is never a guarantee. I was just hoping not to have a bad tournament in the first couple of rounds and then look back on maybe four days.
It would have been really tough for me loosing on grass again for the first time and having just lost in Paris the final. It would have been a rough few days not having gotten through to the semis or finals.
For this reason, I am really excited the way I played, never dropped a service game throughout the week.
I think the first time in my career I achieved such a thing by winning a title.
So, I couldn’t be more happy.
I beat quality players and also my level of play was very good.
So, I’m really pleased with my performance.”
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

0 comments: