Pages

I blog post from one Chinese tennis fan:

http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_443302ab0100a2n8.html

My Close Encounter With Federer
By EffieZ in Beijing (2008-08-05 13:16:52)



A white-color plane slowly came towards me and my heart was pounding.
Sanding on the airport tarmac, I could see Roger through the window – Roger with his slightly ruffled hair.
The plane finally came to a complete halt and I could see Roger, head down playing with his cell-phone.
After a brief moment, he got up, slung his tennis bag over his shoulder, and got ready to leave the plane.

Mirka came off the plane first, shook hands with the pilot and boarded the shuttle.
Then came Roger. I waited while he shook hands with the pilot and then made a mad dash toward him – hands outstretched, Federer Bear in one, a pen in the other.
Roger took the Bear the moment he saw it and even took time to straighten out the Bear’s shirt before signing his name on it. I also brought his autobiography (Quest for Perfection) with me, which he also signed.
After that, I presented him with a collection of my calligraphy as a birthday present.
I said, “Happy birthday, Roger!” and he took it and said “Thank you”.
I followed that with: "Good luck!" Then, he too got into the shuttle.

At the terminal for chartered flights, even though Roger and Mirka were there for their immigration formalities, the place just erupted as every one of the staff in the terminal came rushing towards them, cameras in hand. Roger is truly deserving of his reputation as the Tennis King.
He answered everyone’s wishes to the extent that even I got to have my pic taken with him, just me and him.
You have to understand how precious it is to be able to do that...

I was so excited that the whole time that I was running around like a headless chicken [or headless fly, as the Chinese say].
When I temporarily regained my composure, I managed to get Mirka’s signature in Roger’s autobiography.
After a while, I was amazed when Mirka came over and asked me whether that was the Chinese version of Roger’s book. She said they had never seen a copy of the Chinese version.
I kept saying: Yes! Yes! Then Mirka asked me if she could take a pic of the book. I felt so elated when I held the book up for her. She could take as many as she liked.

It was one crazy night. I was the only crazy fan among all the airport officials and staff. Hahahahaaha…. Looks like I’m going to savor this for a long, long time.

Then I saw Mirka carrying my calligraphy book and several bags, large and small, making her way out of the terminal and into their car. At the door, I said to Roger: Bye, good luck! He said Bye to me too, and he looked at me. Hahahahahaha…..

I am still reliving every moment…..

***********************************************

WHAT A LUCKY GIRL!!
Free SmileysFree Smileys


0 comments: