Pages

REVENGE IS SWEET

ATP - ROGER RIGHT ON TRACK
August 13, 2008



Top seed Roger avenged his Athens 2004 loss with a convincing
6-3, 7-6 win over Tomas Berdych
as he remained on course for an Olympic final on Wednesday.

Roger broke Berdych's serve for 2-0,
was broken back to 2-2,
then broke again at 2-3 and served out the first set with an ace.
At that stage, he looked unbeatable,
but sagged suddenly and lost the first three games of the second set,
including one service game.
But determination returned and Roger won 10 of 11 points in a streak
that got him back to 3-3.
They stayed on serve to a tiebreaker, and Roger took over at 4-4, with a passing shot down the line, an ace and, on match point,
a big-kicking second serve that Berdych could not handle as he pushed it wide.

"I'm very happy with the way I played. I haven't lost to him since the Olympic Games,"
Roger said.
"He's always dangerous - you can see how hard he hits the ball."



- Finally, I have time to update!
We don't have classes today so I tried to give some of my time to the blogging world.
I've posted other 2 matches of Roger for this week and 1 doubles match with Stan.
Today, Roger will face James Blake of USA... but I think its raining hard in Beijing as of this time, so game will be cancelled, perhaps.
Same as Manila, Beijing, China is a very wet country during this months..haha!
Anyway, I've been watching the Olympics coverage even though we have exams.
No one can stop me! haha!
And I'm loving Gymnastics and Swimming.
I can only see these 2 sports event every olympics so make the most out of it.
As of now.. I fancy Michael Phelps!
The 23 year old American swimmer who has bagged lots of gold medals already!
I'll update about him next time. He is good-looking.. and CNN news already regarded him as a candidate for being
The Greatest Olympian of All Time.
I'll end here. Bye-Bye!
Readings, here I come.. :p -

0 comments: