Pages

THE DARK NIGHT

ATP - ROGER LOSES 2ND ROUND MATCH

Top-ranked Roger suffered a shocking loss in the second round Wednesday
at the Rogers Masters in Toronto.

Playing his first match since dropping an epic Wimbledon final in five sets to Rafael Nadal,
our star was upset 2-6, 7-5, 6-4
by Frenchman Gilles Simon, last week's Indianapolis champion.

Roger was clearly rattled by the loss, in which he committed four-straight unforced errors to put Simon into a winning position as the underdog took full advantage on his first match point after two hours.
"It's important to stay positive," the shattered Swiss star said.
"The hard-court season has just started, and we have nine months of it."

"It's not the end of the world, but I wish I could have started better," said Roger, a two-time Toronto winner.
"I like this event, and I've done well here.
I've got to regroup and look forward to the Olympics and the US Open.
This is really where I want to win. I have to make sure that I'm ready to."


It was the second defeat this season in an opening match for Roger, who went out to Andy Murray in three sets in early March in the first round in Dubai.

0 comments: