Pages

Dear Diary of A Tennis Fan: Rogers Masters 2008

Life is like a roller coaster.
You will have your own ups and downs.

That is the life of Roger Federer,
My tennis life,
and the tennis life of this blog.

Oh my!
I never thought (or even imagined) that my life as a Tennis fan will be like this 2 years ago.
Maybe, If I saw it at once.. I'll have 2nd thoughts about it.

I thought this Rogers Masters will be like a
"vengeance" and "I'm not gonna give that easily" tournament for RF.
But, look at what happened?
He got kicked out during the 2nd round.
And mind you, he is a BYE for the 1st round.

I saw the full match.
Live... but not in the flesh.
I mean live in our television screens.
And I watched it from 7:30am to 9:30am.
Oooohh... do I have no classes?
I have classes.. I just didn't attended it.
And let me make myself clear that I don't have any intention to absent myself in order to watch Roger Federer.
I'm sick.. I have colds so I have to be absent in order to rest myself for the whole day.
CLEAR?

Going back to tennis
Roger is really playing very slowly and has really missed a lot of opportunities.
He left the court wide open that let Gilles Simon make him play really hard - - and very bad.

I think it's all in RF's head.
He lost all the confidence.
His mental ability is affected due to consistent negativity from the media and from his other detractors saying that he is in the decline stage or that his era is ending.

So what?!

Just leave the man with his own problems in playing.
You can't have it all.
RF is not a Robot.. he is a Human being.

Oh my... I'm ranting again.
I'm just disappointed and irritated with how some people got angry at him for not playing well or for not being considerate to his fans.
What are they thinking?

Sometimes, I dreamt of being a Roger Federer.
Now.. I don't want to try his life anymore.

Oh well, I still believe that he can win a tournament this year.
And I don't really care that much if he will end as no. 1 or no.3.
As long as he enjoys playing tennis.. and I am entertained..
There will be no problem!

I'll still update you about the latest happenings in Rogers Masters.. but I just have to look for my
NEW favorite as of now.. like a substitute for Roger! haha!

Let's see: Andy Roddick, Richard Gasquet or James Blake.

Please... no RAFA in the Finals!



0 comments: